From international conferences to small group negotiations, our interpreters are at your side, both in France and abroad.
At Into-Nations, we have built our international network by focusing on the values which have been the basis of our reputation for 30 years: professionalism, good humour and flexibility. The human factor is equally important on the ground, where Into-Nations coordinates interpreters and manages equipment. Our involvement in the proceedings provides a guarantee that your event will run smoothly and successfully, whether in France or abroad. Depending on the nature of your meeting (conference, round table, official speech, factory visit, etc), Into-Nations will advise you on the most appropriate type of interpreting: simultaneous interpreting, consecutive interpreting, or liaison interpreting.
Simultaneous conference interpreting
In simultaneous interpreting, interpreters work in pairs, changing over every 30 minutes; they translate the speaker's remarks in real time from a soundproof booth or using portable equipment.
- Soundproof booth: Interpreters work in fixed or mobile booths, depending on the room layout, with a direct view of the room and the speaker. Participants listen to the interpreters via infra-red wireless headsets
- Portable equipment: Interpreters are not separated from the rest of the room; they translate the speaker's remarks by speaking quietly into a highly sensitive microphone. Participants listen using wireless headsets. With this kind of arrangement there is no need to install sound equipment in the room. The advantage of this portable equipment is that it is easy to carry, which means the interpreter can move around with the listeners, for example on factory visits.
In consecutive interpreting, the interpreter stands with the speaker and translates their remarks after they have spoken, using a super-fast note-taking technique. This form of interpreting is particularly useful for events such as official speeches and inaugurations. It should be noted that consecutive interpreting doubles the length of a discussion, unlike simultaneous interpreting.
Liaison interpreting is useful for informal meetings or business negotiations. The exchange is interpreted as the conversation progresses, phrase by phrase and without any equipment.
To guarantee the top-notch interpreting which is the cornerstone of the success of your event, Into-Nations makes sure nothing is left to chance before the event by
- Choosing interpreters who are specialists in the subject and/or familiar with the client’s culture.
- Sending out documents (Powerpoint presentations, speeches, abstracts etc.) to allow the interpreters to prepare thoroughly for the event.
- Providing interpreters with the glossaries compiled by Into-Nations at previous or similar events.
- Checking out the conference hall in advance to discover the layout and ensure that the installations are compatible with the interpreting equipment.
And during the event by
- Appointing a team leader to liaise with interpreters, the conference organiser and speakers (to obtain last minute presentations and check terminology with the experts).
- Switching interpreters every 30 minutes to ensure unwavering concentration.
- Hiring an on-site professional technician to ensure everything runs smoothly during simultaneous interpreting in booths.
- Before joining Into-Nations elite interpreting teams, prospective interpreters submit to an extremely strict recruitment procedure. .
- Our interpreters are handpicked according to their interpreting technique and know-how but also for their personal qualities: a good interpreter also needs to be flexible and easy-going. All candidates are tested in real-life conditions by our head interpreter.